U.S. professional roofing contractors or builders/remodelers only.
Winners will be drawn on or around September 15, 2012.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The GAF Text-For-A-Truck Sweepstakes (”Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older, who are professional roofing contractors or builders/remodelers. Professional roofing contractors and builders/remodelers are individuals whose primary source of income is from roofing and home construction/renovation, respectively. This Sweepstakes is not open to the general public or employees of Building Materials Corporation of America, doing business as GAF (“Sponsor” or “GAF”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, sales representatives, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate families (spouse, children, parents, siblings and their respective spouses) or members of the households of each such employee. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
3. Prizes and Odds: Grand Prize (5): a Ford F-150 XLT truck (MSRP Approx. $35,000) and a GAF Lifetime Roofing System* (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $4,000.) The GAF Lifetime Roofing System*includes up to 30 squares of Timberline® HD™ shingles and 3 GAF roofing components in the quantity required for up to 30 squares of roofing. Winner will be able to choose components from a list of qualifying items, which shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. A representative of the Sponsor will accompany Winner to a distributor of Sponsor’s choice to assist in the fulfillment of the Prize.
* See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word “Lifetime” means as long as the original individual owner of a single family detached residence (or the second owner in certain circumstances) owns the property where the shingles and accessories are installed. For owners/structures not meeting above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable. Lifetime Ltd. Warranty on accessories requires the use of at least three qualifying GAF accessories and the use of Lifetime Shingles.
First Prize (10): a $500 Visa® Prepaid Card;
Second Prize (25):.a Sony CD Boombox with AM/FM Tuner and MP3 Playback, ARV $150.
Approximate total value of all sweepstakes prizes: $203,750
Grand Prizes will be awarded one prize per Area; First Prizes will be awarded two prizes per Area, and Second Prizes will be awarded 5 prizes per Area. Areas are as follows: Area 1 (West): AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY; Area 2 (Southeast): AL, FL, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN; Area 3 (Central): IL, IN, IA, KY, MI, MN, NE, ND, OH, SD, WI; Area 4 (Southwest): AR, KS, LA, MO, OK, TX; and Area 5 (East) CT, DC, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV (each individually, an Area and collectively, the Areas.) Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. No substitutions, cash redemptions or transfer of prizes except as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value should featured prize become unavailable. All federal state and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of Winners. Grand Prize details: Grand Prize Winners will be awarded a Ford F-150 XLT truck, subject to availability. Package, factory options, and other prize specifics to be determined by Sponsor. Any upgrades and factory options (subject to availability) are at the sole expense of the Grand Prize Winners. Grand Prize Winners must present a valid U.S. driver’s license and proof of insurance to take delivery of vehicle; failure to show same may result in prize forfeiture and selection of an alternate Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winners will be responsible for all tax, title, license, insurance and registration fees required to claim and lawfully operate the vehicle, as well as all other expenses relating to the acceptance and use of vehicle, including any travel and transportation costs associated with collecting the vehicle. Upon verification, all Grand Prize Winners will be provided instructions to obtain their Grand Prize at a Ford dealership to be determined by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner must take delivery of truck within 30 days of notification that dealership has received the truck.
4. Selection of Winners: A random drawing will be held on or about September 15, 2012, to select Grand Prize, First Prize, and Second Prize winners (each individually a “Winner” and collectively the “Winners”)
5. Prize Winner Notification and Verification: Potential Winners will be notified by phone. If any potential Winner cannot be reached by phone within 48 hours of first attempt to notify such potential Winner, prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected, at the Sponsor’s discretion. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and, where legal, liability/publicity release and return the documents within 14 days of delivery of such documents or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and will not be awarded. In the event that it is determined that a potential winner has not fully complied with these Official Rules, or if a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address and/or telephone number of entrants.
6. General: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, Winners consent to use of their name, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotion purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize, any and all costs of redemption and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. By accepting a prize, Winners agree to release GAF and its directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability for loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize. By accepting a prize, Winners acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor its directors, employees, or agents, have made or are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties (if any) are provided solely by the manufacturers, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Parties for technical issues that may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, hardware or software errors; network or Internet connectivity, or other communication issues; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; inaccessibility of the mobile web site or web site, in whole or in part, for any reason; or unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Mobile/Website. Website access is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or access to the mobile web site or web site. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THOSE MAKING SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Ford is a trademark of Ford Motor Company. Visa is a trademark of Visa U.S.A., Inc. Sony is a registered trademark of Sony Electronics, Inc. Ford, Visa, and Sony Electronics are not sponsors of or affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
7. Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New Jersey, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New Jersey having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
8. Winners List: For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by December 30, 2012 to: GAF Text-For-A-Truck Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o ST&P Communications, Inc., 320 Springside Dr., Suite 150, Fairlawn, OH 44333.
9. Sponsor: Building Materials Corporation of America, doing business as GAF
1361 Alps Road
Wayne, NJ 07470